Sucess!! Today it was beautiful out (though not all that warm). I took advantage of the sunshine and went digging through the shed to find a two by four and nails in order to measure out skeins of the recycled yarn from the (granny) sweater I pulled apart.
I ended up with seven different skeins with yardages of:
60 (one knot)
14 (one knot)
12 (two skeins)
It's all still a bit wavy... I'm not sure if they're supposed to go away, but I rather like the texture it has, so I'm not too worried. It's also quite delicate (I pulled a strand in half while untangling it once). It's a 50% lambswool, 40% angora and 10% nylon blend. The yarn has a bit of elasticity because of that nylon, I believe. If you're interested in it, let me know, though I bet it'll make something cute for baby Alexia... hee hee.