1.19.2006

First Skeins of Recycled Yarn!

Sucess!! Today it was beautiful out (though not all that warm). I took advantage of the sunshine and went digging through the shed to find a two by four and nails in order to measure out skeins of the recycled yarn from the (granny) sweater I pulled apart.


I ended up with seven different skeins with yardages of:
  • 60 (one knot)
  • 28
  • 16
  • 14 (one knot)
  • 12 (two skeins)
  • 10
It's all still a bit wavy... I'm not sure if they're supposed to go away, but I rather like the texture it has, so I'm not too worried. It's also quite delicate (I pulled a strand in half while untangling it once). It's a 50% lambswool, 40% angora and 10% nylon blend. The yarn has a bit of elasticity because of that nylon, I believe. If you're interested in it, let me know, though I bet it'll make something cute for baby Alexia... hee hee.

No comments: