3.04.2006

A Completed Ocean-Dweller

So this week was seemingly much more productive, likely only because I actually finished things, but that's besides the point... Next week is spring break and other than working business hours I won't be doing much of anything... besides knitting, of course, heh. I always get excited when I don't have plans because I know what I'll be doing...

The jellyfish is finally finished and re-dyed. I'm giddy over it, to tell you the truth, heh.


Pre-dying round two...



The drying process, post-dyeing round two...


Lucky Kitty hangs out with Jelly...


I also finshed Howie's scarf, which really didn't take that long at all. I'll be able to get it to him over spring break next week, yaaay.


It's got pretty good length...



The front of the tag Fern designed for me!



... and the back!



One last view (and my freshly-made bed).

Here's my current scarf:


I'm using the Icelandic jewels yarn I got from Hobby Lobby on sale and for being an acrylic it's pretty soft and pleasant. It is also wound with a rainbow-striping ribbon that has frayed edges, which adds so much to the poor frumpy acrylic, ha! I'd like to call it a knotty scarf because the dropped stitch areas remind me so much of tree knots, but I don't want it confused with my making knots in the yarn (which I always try to avoid!). 'Bark-Scarf" just might have to do...


My Spooka looks rather shocked by the craftsmanship (or something like that)...

No comments: