4.23.2006

Exams are cutting into my knitting time!

Well this week I have to face the drudgery of exams... but after that it's off to Montreal for an extended weekend! I was planning on making the 11 hour drive alone, but after words of dissaproval from the parental units I opted to fly. Thankfully I got a good deal through Yahoo(!)'s last minute getaways, even though we're staying in a tiny (or as Fern says, "cozy") room. The hotel is in Old Port though and I'm thrilled to be so near the cobblestone streets and horse pulled carriages. I'm even more excited about being able to knit on the flight rather than having to attempt to knit and drive!!

I've made a bit of progress on Glampyre's Orangina for the Sexy Knitters Club KAL. Well, actually a lot since I last posted... I've finally gotten the pattern down and have been clipping along at a more tolerable pace...


Yay, skein two of six!!


Kitty helps me track my progress...


A more detailed look....


Whipup.net started their weekly whiplash competitions last week and I thought I'd take a stab it, but unfortunately I've been so busy I didn't finish in time! For the fist comp I decided to knit up some beads with leftover wool I had. (The purple is handdyed by me, the grey is Patons and the black is Cascade 220.) At least I had fun doing it for the heck-of-it...


The beads with an insane number of ends to be weaved in...


Stuffed, slightly felted and stringed up!


In tribute to Montreal yarn aquisitions I figured I aught to show off my half-done scarf. Last summer I picked up a skein of Lang Tosca from A La Tricoteuse. Little did I know I would fall in love with the softness, the striping and the beautiful double seed stitch pattern! I've put off buying another skein online to finish the scarf I designed, so Fern's going to take me back over to A La Tricoteuse to get another. I plan on getting more than one skein let's just say...


See the stripes?!



Dangling and the barren field


A close-up of the soft and slightly elastic stitch...

Finally, for the Stitch My Square lj community I'm working on a couple of squares due at the end of the month... I don't want to show the squares in case the recipients are reading, but I'll show off just a little bit... Here's a flower I'm putting in the center of one of the squares... I got the pattern here, though mine didn't turn out quite as well... I still love the Araucania Magallanes wool I got from Lily Lane Knits!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love -love- that tapemeasurer. it looks so cool.
also, the knitted fabric looks great this far, just keep working :)