7.10.2006

Yarn Harlot coming to Ann Arbor!

I've been a pretty big slacker as far as knitting goes, but Stephanie Pearl-McPhee deserves a post all to herself anyhow. It's kind of old news, but I wanted to make sure all the lower East side Michiganders knew she's coming, heh. So, July 30 at the Ann Arbor District Library from 2 to 3:30 pm you'll find my mom and I gawking at the Harlot herself.
Early on I suggested that mom and I make the two hour trip down together as a kind of bonding excursion because I'll likely be visiting the boyfriend for a few weeks the following weekend. She gladly and rather quickly agreed as she is reading Yarn Harlot and is just as enchanted by Stephanie's sense of humor as I.


Hrm. Just because I feel guilty about posting sans pictures - here's a quick project I just completed:


I purchased a rather cute tote from a garage sale (for pennies, yay) and was annoyed to discover the handle only allowed the bag to go as far as my elbow.



Just a few hours later I whipped up two I-Cord handles made with Sugar 'n Cream in Ecru I happened to have lying around. The bag now sits on my shoulder with no problem!

(Thanks to Cola for being such a gorgy hand/arm model!)

1 comment:

FlippyTWS said...

Thanks for the scoop! I just got back from vacation and saw your post. I had no idea she was coming, and it's only about 30 minutes away from me. Maybe, I'll see you there. :)